Professional labor support provided by a compassionate and experienced doula.
Care provided during your birthing experience
- Physical support: massage, help with breathing and relaxation, suggestions for positioning, techniques for comfort and progress
- Emotional support: reassurance of the range in normality of labor and birth, guidance in coping with and processing events, encouragement, validation of your feelings, facilitating self-advocacy, helping your partner/primary support person take as active as a role as desired in your birth
- Informational support: ensuring your family feels every decision is made form a place of choice and informed consent
- Assistance with hydration and eating, creating a comfortable and soothing environment, photography
- Full support of your goals for birth without bias or personal agenda
Labor Doula Package
- Prenatal meetings to discuss your birth wishes, concerns, fears, and questions, and to become established as a team
- On-call coverage from four weeks before your estimated due date until birth
- Continuous support and care during labor, birth, and immediate postpartum recovery
- Postpartum visit at your home
Fee for services
Sliding scale fee of $800-1000
Providing support for out-of-hospital in the following Vermont counties: Chittenden, Addison, Franklin, Washington, and Windsor
Providing support for hospital births at: UVMMC, Northwestern, Porter, and Dartmouth Hitchcock.